Marina's Space

Thursday, July 27, 2006

It's Never Too Late to Make New Friends...Just Don't Forget the Old Ones!

Today I made a new friend.

Her name is Naomi (funny the same name as my sister) and she is amazing. She is in her third year of Primary Teaching studies like me but is returning to study after a time of deferrment for getting married and travelling to Africa. Conversation flowed so freely we both commented on how it felt we had been friends for years. I have spent one day walking across Deakin and sitting in a cafe having lunch with just the sort of person to lift you on a difficult day and listen when you are a bit down. You know when you meet someone who reminds you of yourself a few years ago and is struggling with the same things - well here she is! I felt like a big sister, friend and confidant all rolled into one. She grew up in 'the church'. I don't know where her faith lies now but she said she was drawn to me...just exactly what that means, I don't know. There are a lot of I don't know's...but I am willing to see just where God leads this friendship.

Her husband is also a teacher, and sounds just like Peter - kind, generous with time and funny. Can't wait to meet him too.

Anyway, isn't it amazing how a day that started out fairly sad can end very well.

As an aside - on the way home today from uni I called my best friend. She was there exactly where and when I needed some important chocolate advice...you know who you are - I love you heaps!!!

Thanks for an amazing day God.

M.

1 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Am happy to be your adviser on all things chocolate related. Love you heaps too

3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home