Marina's Space

Thursday, July 27, 2006

My Amazing Friend Megan Says...




It's not always good.

I feel sad. Sad that there again is war in the Middle East. Sad that the world is not at peace. Sad that innocent people are dying - women, children, the elderly, are dying because of where they live. On Ch 9 news last night, they showed a reporter come very close to the bombings and he ran and took shelter in an aged care home. The look on the faces of those elderly residents moved me to cry for them. The confusion, desperation and fear in their eyes. These people who have lived long lives and just want to see there last few years out peacefully. They were to old, to fragile, to be evacuated, so they wait. Wait for the end - whatever that may be - death, peace, ceasefire. Who knows? Their world has been destroyed. I feel so removed from all this turmoil, on the other side of the world. I'm in my own little world here, safe and secure. It doesn't really affect me at all. But it should. And it has. I will not stop turning off the news because there are those who are living this news first hand. I will not stop praying that peace will come to the Middle East and the freedom and love will ultimately win over. How grateful I am to live in such a blessed country.

My Response (Marina)
I can definitely agree with this Megs. I have been listening to 774 ABC to and from uni and work each day. Each morning I am moved to tears over all of this fighting. I saw an image in the Age which completely astounded me - that of a small girl drawing on a warhead. She drew messages of hatred for her enemy and pride in her 'side' of the war. For these children they know of only war and bombs. At uni I am learning how to get students interested in maths..how for apart can the worlds be? I pray for the children - that they may see peace and know kindness in their lives. You are an amazing person who doesn't let life simply pass you by, always remember that you have people who are also grateful for you.

Love M.

2 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I am so honoured to make it on to your blog. And I am proud of you for catching on to this blog thing. You've added link and pictures and everything. YOU GO GEEK!! LOL

3:41 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

Thanks!! I'm at home today because this cold has been caught with a vengeance and now after finishing a novel really need to get onto homework...gee this Blog certainly looks like a lovely way to pass the time. Remind me to lend you Books, Baguettes & Bedbugs by Jeremy Mercer - very good...
M.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home