Marina's Space

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Can't Believe My BUMP Is This BIG!!!


Hi again! I can't actually believe how long it has taken me to write in my blog! Sorry to all of those who have waited patiently for me to actually do it...Megs, Bruce and Graeme...

I have been a little distracted...

1. Teaching Rounds - I have just completed the first stage of teaching rounds at Selby Primary School with Grade 2. My supervising teacher was fabulous, the students were delightful and though sometimes I got really tired, this was by far my favourite set of rounds!!!

2. Working Nearly Full Time - yes, still at the Bookshop until I feel I can't cope any more (like maybe last week..). They have already thrown me a goodbye party in case I just stop turning up! So funny.

3. Being Pregngnt - well, I guess you can see for yourself just how a large bump out the front could possibly distract. I actually think it distracts other more than me because other people STARE at me...Perhaps it's how I am carrying low, or maybe that my top here looks like a beach ball... oh well. We are all doing really well. Peter is so excited and just yesterday began chanting 'Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad' to the baby. We are such a team! Bubby's room is ready, and we have the car seat, pram etc.

We have been going to antenatal classes which have been hysterical...the instructor, Chris, actually brought out a knitted uterus like from Kaz Cooke's 'Up The Duff'. I almost fell off my chair! There are people I know at the same class - a chef I used to work for and his partner. It's nice to see a familiar face. Otherwise it's a great night out, we get tired but are certainly now aware of many more options for our labour.

4. What's Going On Around Me - Peter's grandpa is really not good. He is still in Rehab after numerous falls, pneumonia bouts and general old age things happening. He will most certainly go into a nursing home or hostel. I really pray that he and Nana get a chance to have quality time together before he goes.

Well, that's basically what's been happening....

Chat again soon,
Thanks for listening,
M.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marina! How come you didn't post a picture of the knitted uterus - maybe you can take a photo of it during the next class!

11:28 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

You nearly fell of your chair in ante-natal class. I nearly fell of my chair when I checked your blog and there was a new post. Welcome back sweetie!!

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home