Marina's Space

Saturday, August 19, 2006

I am having the time of my life...

Well, you want to know how it's going? FANTASTIC!!!! I am still overwhelmed but the highs make up for the lows and there are a lot of them. I have connected with my teacher and the students and feel a part of the grade. I have quite a few lessons planned for next week, the important things are making them appropriate for the level of the kids which varies so completely. 7 and 8 year olds have enough going on in their lives without an intellectual disability or Austism Spectrum Disorder or PDD or both or all. You can imagine the disruptions to class, the importance of social education and behavioural strategies. I am very well supported by my teacher - she has given me heaps of reading on ASD and from the research it seems that everyone is on the spectrum somewhere!


I wanted to put a picture of one of the children's writing but it didn't work.

I am of to a trivia night at the Salvos, should be fun..


Thanks for listening,

M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home