Marina's Space

Friday, August 04, 2006

Being An Artist.



You know it's interesting what people think of your art. I have one piece at the moment on a wall in our house that some say is a man fishing, others a dry and barren coastline in South Australia, another a strange cow with a sad red eye. I guess you have to see it to understand!! Anyway, I feel a bit strange being called an artist. I think it actually has something to do with how you view the world. When you look outside do you see colour, shape, tone, that potential canvas? I do. I am forever looking for angles to study and draw. The only thing is allowing myself the time and allocating the energy to actually drw and paint.

I am so grateful for the opportunities I'm having at uni. I am meeting brilliant people, learning heaps and growing within myself. This semester we are journalling a final destination of a journey we described in paint in semester 1. I am trying to describe my home. Trying pitifully at the moment though! I can't wait to see what my brushes come up with in the end - they seem to have a mind of their own! I'll show you when I get there.

On the way to the destination....here are a few sketches...What do you think?

M

1 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I can tell exactly what that sketch is of - that table near your stairs. It looks great Marina. You are such a talented artist

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home