Marina's Space

Friday, August 11, 2006


Hi there. I am very overwhelmed at the moment. I am about to start teaching rounds at Vermont South Special School where I will undertake 3 weeks of supported teaching in a classroom of 8, 7-8 year old boys. They have learning difficulties and disabilities ranging from ADHD to Autism. I don't fully understand either. I know it will be of great significance in both my personal and professional life - and that I will learn a great deal - but I am nervous that I will not cope.

The school is quite changed from when Peter's grandfather John Sharp was the first principal. His strategies for whole person learning still remain but the grounds are far improved and facilities extended.

I was looking through all the cards and letters from my friend Megs and found this one. She sent it to me at a tricky time in my life. It still rings true - it can't rain all the time. On the other side is a great Bible verse from Matthew about ensuring that your house is built on rock so that when waters come your way the foundations will remain secure. I know that my house is built on a rock. Thanks for the reminder.

I have quite a lot of preparation to do before Monday - better get to it. I think it will be interesting to look back on blogs like this from the future and see how I actually went.

Five Things I Am Grateful For Today:
  • catching up with old friends
  • a fantastic new garage door
  • Mum & Dad who visit for lunch on Saturdays
  • the tiny, shiny sparkles on leaves after rain
  • my beautiful husband.

Thanks,

M.

1 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I know you will do great Marina. But just be your loving, caring self and whatever happens, God will help you thorough it.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home