Marina's Space

Thursday, September 28, 2006

An Oprah Ah Ha Moment...


Just wanted to log in and tell you about an interesting moment I just had. A good friend of Peter & I drove past me while I was on a walk and then stopped, reversed down the road (Mt Dandy Tourist Road!!!) and picked me up. We started chatting about normal stuff and then he stayed in my driveway for about 1/2 an hour just for company. This friend lost his brother in a motorbike accident a few years ago and is still reeling from the loss.

I was able to listen as he shared his anger, sadness and remembrance of funny things his brother did. Then he said that 'he had it coming'. What a difficult thing to hear. A 20 something year old guy with a great life - taking too many risks and riding his motorbike into a tree - dying on impact. This brother carried the coffin on his ute to the burial and cried more than I have seen a man cry before. He really is a sensitive person.

What a privilege to be God's ears at times.

I don't know if you have ever lost a sibling, friend or someone close to you. I havn't really. I just want you to know that I will never say 'I understand' or 'it must be so hard' - because I really don't know what you are going through. I didn't know what this guy was going through. But God does and he listened through me when my friend's hurt heart was speaking.

I gave my friend a hug and he said 'that's the best hug I have had in ages'. Little did he know that it was God's arms wrapped around him and understanding where I didn't and couldn't.

I have been reminded today that people everywhere have hidden pain. They close themselves off from the world and don't allow others in. It is our job to be God's ears, arms and hands when they need to speak, a hug or help. This was my Ah Ha moment.

Thanks for listening,

M.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again Marina, thanks for sharing your insightful insights!

1:31 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Wow Marina. What a privilege to share with this guy and be Jesus to Him. I can't think of a more perfect person to have sat in that car with him.

4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home