Marina's Space

Monday, March 26, 2007

Ladybug, Ladybug Where Have You Been?

The other evening Yo invited me to the Rhododendron Gardens to view an installation exhitibtion by a local artist. She had been working with the Rhodo Society and the Gardens to create an exhibit that taught the 'Secrets of the Ladybug' - a reflection on the lives of women and their importance in the world.

It was really great. We followed a pathway guided by rocks painted like ladybugs which led to a lawn of flapping flags - gorgeous colours and ribbons! Spectacular. We wove among the flags and read the wisdom.

Taking stock of life and truely listening to your spirit are things I am not great at but am learning along the way - this was an opportunity to reflect on the women in my life, be grateful and celebrate our differences. Thanks God for allowing me to have truely powerful, gracious and hilarious women in my life from which I can learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home